Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste Information
The following information is also found at:
Quicklinks:, , , , , , ,
- Garbage Collection is picked up on Wednesday & Saturday
- Recycling is picked up on Thursday
- Yard Waste is picked up on Thursday
Bulk Yard Waste – Claw Truck available on Wednesdays (North of Ocean Ave.) and Thursdays (South of Ocean Ave.)
ALL ITEMS MUST BE ON THE CURB BY 7 AM FOR PICK UP
- If you are physically unable to place your containers curbside, you may request a medical waiver from the Town of Melbourne Beach qualifying you for rear door services.
- Waste Pro provides collection and disposal service for all household trash and garbage generated from residential customers which has been properly prepared and stored in a refuse container.
- Waste Pro provides collection and disposal service for all vegetative waste generated from residential customers which has been properly prepared and stored container.
- Vegetative waste shall be segregated from the garbage and household trash which shall be place in separate cart.
Household recycling is collected one (1) time per week. Your pickup schedule is Thursday.
The following items may be recycled:
- Empty Aerosol Cans (no paint cans)
- All Plastic 1 – 7 (no styrofoam, bags or wrap)
- Wide-Mouth Plastic Containers & Lids
- Rigid Plastic Containers and Small Hard Plastic Toys
- Milk & Juice Cartons, and Juice Boxes
- Aluminum Cans
- Metal Food Cans & Lids
- Glass Bottles & Jars
- Cereal & Food Boxes
- Cardboard Boxes Flattened
- Mixed Paper, Newspapers with Inserts, and Junk Mail
- Paperback Books
- Magazines and Phone Books
- Spiral Paper Cans (ie. Orange Juice Concentrate cans) (with plastic lids detached)
Preparation: Residents shall be asked to rinse the items and remove organics, other contents, labels, lids and plastic caps, but there is no requirement for these to be removed from recyclable containers. Inclusion of organics, caps, lid, labels and other contents shall not be reason for rejection. All recyclable materials may be place in the same container for collection.
DO NOT place the following in the Recycling Cart: Styrofoam, electronics, ceramics or dishes, food waste, motor oil containers, household hazard waste light bulbs, windows, glass or mirrors, yard waste or trash, plastic bags
- Yard waste collection will be provided on Thursdays.
- All leaves and pine needles, clippings, palm fronds and tree trimmings with branches less than 6 inches in diameter.
- Bulk yard waste is collected on Thursdays after regular yard waste pickup.
- Bulky items (furniture, appliances, etc.) will be collected on Saturdays.
PLEASE NOTIFY WASTE PRO DIRECTLY FOR BULK PICK UPS at 321-837-0055 or 800-640-6875.
Waste Pro will not be providing collection and disposal service on holidays observed by the Town of Melbourne Beach.
Holiday Date Memorial Day Last Monday in May Independence Day July 4 Veteran’s Day November 11 Thanksgiving Day 4th Thursday in November Christmas Day December 25
Any disposal and collection service that would have been regularly provided, but for the holiday, shall be provided the day after the holiday, except on Sunday.