You are here
Austin Resource Recovery periodically collects large brush and tree limbs that are too large for yard trimmings collection. Large brush is composted and made into Dillo Dirt.
Austin Resource Recovery customers receive twice-per-year curbside collection of large brush. Use the My Schedule tool to get a personalized collection calendar for all residential curbside services, including brush pickup. You can add your schedule to Google, iCal or Outlook, or you can print it. You can also sign up for text, email or phone call reminders and alerts.
- Brush should be between 5 and 15 feet in length.
- Tree trunks more than 8 inches in diameter should be 3-feet-long or less.
- Place large brush at the curb in front of your house by 6:30 a.m. on the first day of your scheduled collection week.
- Cut ends should face the street.
- Stack loosely along the curb in one row, not more than 15 feet across and no higher than 4 feet.
- Do not block the sidewalk.
- Do not extend into the street.
- To prevent damage to your property, keep items 5 feet away from your trash cart, mailbox, fences or walls, water meter, telephone connection box and parked cars. Do not place any items under low hanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Austin Resource Recovery only collects large brush from its residential trash and recycling customers and from homes in some recently annexed areas.
- Items will not be collected if they are in an alley in any area including Hyde Park, or if they are in front of a business or a vacant lot.