|If you have questions or concerns about trash pick-up
or recycling in the city, call Waste Pro at (772) 595-9390.
The City of Port St. Lucie has a contract with a private company, Waste Pro, to haul all household garbage, recyclables, yard clippings, bulk items and other trash from every residential property in the city. Waste Pro services also are available for all residential and commercial properties. The contract with Waste Pro is managed by the city’s Public Works Department.
You can contact Waste Pro directly to make requests and leave comments by clicking the appropriate link below (when using these online forms, we encourage you to include an email address since the system will automatically respond when an issue has been resolved):
To contact Waste Pro by telephone, call (772) 595-9390.
Waste Pro services will be provided on all holidays except for Independence Day (July 4th), Thanksgiving and Christmas. Garbage, yard waste and recycling collection will resume on the next scheduled day.
Household garbage collection
- Place containers at the curbside by 7 a.m. on regular collection days
Garbage must be in a tied bag or covered can
- Do not mix garbage and yard waste—they must be in separate containers
- Cans should be no larger than 32 gallons and weigh no more than 50 pounds
Garbage cans are not provided by Waste Pro. They must be no larger than 32-gallon capacity and weigh less than 50 pounds each when filled.
Yard waste in all areas will be collected on scheduled pick-up days. Composting of yard waste is welcome, but not required. Waste Pro recommends leaving grass clippings on the ground after mowing, but they will be picked up if left curbside. Follow these guidelines when preparing yard waste for collection:
- Don’t mix garbage and yard waste
- Loose yard waste, i.e., grass clippings, leaves and small twigs must be containerized
- Neatly stack limbs, branches, palm fronds, etc. at the curb
- Limbs not to exceed four feet, except palm fronds. No piece to exceed 50 pounds.
- Separate stumps from other yard waste. No single piece of a tree should exceed 50 pounds
- Box it or bag it—individual containers cannot weigh more than 50 pounds
- Stack yard waste in neat, manageable piles
Yard waste that exceeds the limits for collection requires a larger truck for pickup. Contact Waste Pro at (772) 595-9390 to schedule a special pickup.