Scottsdale Solid Waste provides monthly brush and bulk collection for residents who pay for residential collection services. This service provides an easy and convenient way for you to dispose of items too big to fit in your curbside container.
See below for the Brush & Bulk Collection Map and Schedule.
To get the most out of this service, please put out the right stuff, at the right time in the right way.
The Right Stuff
Brush & bulk collection is for things like yard waste, furniture, mattresses and other large items
- Please do not put out tires, paint, paint thinners, strippers, pesticides, batteries, motor oils, chlorine or pool acid for bulk collection. Dispose of these at our Household Hazardous Waste drop-off events
- Please do not put out trash, construction or remodeling debris, sheet glass, windows or mirrors
Residents are responsible for debris like this – when you’re remodeling, make sure your contractor hauls this stuff away
Schedule your trimmings and cleanup projects to coincide with the brush removal schedule, so we can remove your material from the curb or alley in a timely manner. Your neighbors will appreciate it!
The Right Time
Have your brush and bulk out for collection by 5 a.m. the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
Please do not place brush or bulk items out for collection more than nine days prior to the Monday of the week your area is scheduled
The Right Way
Remember that each homeowner is responsible for the manner in which material is placed out for collection, whether or not you hire someone else to do the work
- Please stack items neatly, parallel to the street on your front property line, where your trash collection typically takes place
- If you have alley garbage collection, place bulk trash on your side of the alley along your property line only and keep the alley clear so our crews can collect the material
- The pile should not exceed 10 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall
Collection crews can only spend 20 minutes per residence, and anything in excess they have to leave behind must be removed from the curb until the next collection
Prepare items for Collection
9 DAY RULE – Residents may place bulk/brush out for collection no sooner than 9 days prior to the Monday of scheduled collections week.