A lawn that does not receive proper care can eventually spoil the image of your garden. Below are some recommendations that will help you monitor the lawn yourself, but it is better to contact specialists such as Myrtle Beach Lawn Care.
The lawn can last up to 15 days from the moment of the last watering or rain. You must observe it and determine the moment when the grass begins to turn blue-green, and when you step on it, the trail remains for a while.
It is impractical to plan a specific irrigation system, since excess water will contribute to the appearance of weeds, and water scarcity will create dry zones.
To avoid problems with dryness, you will need to take care of the lawn as follows:
- Lawn aeration: Lawn aeration has two advantages: moisture will penetrate better into the roots and we will allow the soil to be saturated with oxygen, which will promote its growth.
- Avoid daily spraying: The lawn prefers abundant watering once a week better than small daily sprays.
- Always water at night: The best hours for watering the lawn are between 4:00 am and 8:00 am. You should never water the lawn in the sun, as its rays will burn the grass when water evaporates.
- Maintain uniform humidity: In order for the entire lawn to grow equally, it is important to water the entire planted area evenly.
Following the following recommendations, you will have a beautiful lawn with minimal effort:
- Mow the lawn regularly
- Mow the grass often and whenever you see it starting to get very tall. Cutting grass promotes thicker growth, the development of small grasses and prevents the appearance of more weeds.