Blue Hen trash Removal
Blue Hen Disposal offers once a week residential waste collection and every other week recycling collection throughout Sussex County, Delaware. Blue Hen provides 95 gallon trash and recycling wheeled carts to all residential customers. We ask that our customers have their trash out to the curb the night before the day of their scheduled pick-up.
Blue Hen disposal picks up residential waste with the newest, most technologically advanced fleet of automated collection trucks in Delaware. When placing your trash container at the curb do not lean objects against the container or place the container too close to fences, trees, mailboxes, or vehicles.
Blue Hen Disposal has several options for payment with no additional charge to our customers. We accept Visa, Mastercard, or Discover payable via telephone or check.
TRASH & RECYCLING COLLECTION GUIDELINES
- Garbage carts, extra bags, and any other objects should be AT LEAST 4 FEET AWAY from each other.
- Your recycling and trash carts should be within 4 FEET of the curb.
- The short metal bar must face the street.
- Do not place carts near low-hanging branches or cars.
- LID MUST BE CLOSED to prevent spillage into your yard or the street.
- Place containers curbside the night prior to your collection day.
YARD WASTE BAN
As of January 1, 2011, yard waste can not be disposed of in any Delaware landfill. Yard waste must be kept separate from trash and taken to an approved yard waste or composting facility. Yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, pruning, garden materials, brush, shrubs, Christmas trees, and tree limbs less than 4" in diameter. Locate your closest DNREC yard waste recycling facility.