One time trash pickup
Fort Worth provides residential curbside garbage pickup one time per week in the residents choice of three brown cart sizes. The city also offers weekly collection of recycling in the blue carts and yard waste in the green carts. All weekly collections take place on the same day.
- All garbage must be contained in garbage bags within the brown cart.
- The lid must be completely closed.
- Overstuffed carts will not be picked up.
- The cart must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your pickup day.
- You may set out your cart after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day.
- Place cart so that the handle faces your house and the serial number faces the street.
- Place cart a few inches from the curb or edge of the street; do not place cart in street.
- Retrieve cart from curb by midnight on your pickup day.
- City ordinance requires residents to store carts so they can’t be seen from a public street while standing in front of the house.
Missed Pickup? Garbage, recycling and yard waste missed collections must be reported within 24 hours after your pickup day. Call the customer call center at 817-392-1234.
Report an issue by phone: