Large trash Pickup
The Village of Hamburg Department of Public Works conducts a large trash pickup three times a year, the third full week of March, June and September (work week of Monday thru Friday) unless otherwise noted on the homepage of the website. Residents should have their trash at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your regular garbage collection day for that week.
Large trash is metals, furniture and construction/demolition debris produced by a homeowner and used in a residence in the Village.
Items ELIGIBLE for curb side pick up are:
* Metals: Gutters, metal siding, pipes, shelving, swing sets, etc. No appliances will be collected by the Village.
* Household Items: Furniture, carpets, mattresses, etc.
* Construction/Demolition Debris: shingles, wood, plasterboard, concrete, etc. Limit 10 containers or bundles, 60 pounds each.
Keep each large trash item in separate piles when placing at the curb for pick up.
Items NOT ELIGIBLE for pickup are:
* Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, stoves, ranges, ovens, washing machines, clothes dryers, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, hot water tanks and microwaves are now collected by Western New York Liquidators. Call 898-8131 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for pick up.
* Tires and car batteries: These items MUST BE taken to the Dept. of Public Works garage, 375 Pleasant Avenue on the Monday following Large Trash Week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at a charge of $2.00 per tire or battery. June, July, August hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Electronic Equipment: Items such as televisions, computers, printers, keyboards, monitors, etc. MUST BE taken to the Dept. of Public Works garage, 375 Pleasant Avenue on the Monday following Large Trash Week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.. June, July, August hours 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There is now a $7.00 charge for older CRT televisions and computer monitors. For other disposal options contact Erie County at 858-6996 or email@example.com or
* Large Trash Generated by a Contractor: These items must be removed by the contractor.* Household Hazardous Waste: Pesticides, pool chemicals, oil-based paint, flammable liquids, etc. Contact Erie County hazardous waste hotline at 858-6800 or visit their website for disposal options.
* Medical Waste: Medical waste is not accepted by the Village. Please contact your healthcare provider for questions about specific items and the proper disposal of each.