Extra Strong Twist Tie Trash Bags | GAiC

Large trash

Home Trash / January 19, 2015

Call 623-222-1900 to schedule a bulk trash appointment.

The City of Surprise offers bulk trash service to residents that are serviced by the City’s Sanitation Department. Acceptable bulk trash items are; household items, yard debris, or appliances. The bulk crew cannot pick up dirt, rocks, concrete, concrete blocks, bricks, roofing materials, batteries or hazardous materials.

There is a limit of 10 cubic yards per household and a limit of 20 cubic yards per year, at no charge to the resident. Residents do not need to be home when bulk items are picked up. Bulk items need to be set out before 6:00 a.m. and placed on the front edge of the resident’s property line, before the sidewalk. Bulk items cannot be placed on top of the sidewalk or into the street. For reference, one cubic yard is about the size of one washer or one dryer.

Remember this when arranging your Bulk Collection:

  • Neatly stack your bulky items on the front edge of your property. Do not place items on the sidewalk or in the street.
  • Large quantities of small items such as clothing, toys, or other debris should be bagged. Small quantities can go into your trash can. Small amounts of vegetation or yard debris can also be bagged and tied and placed in your trash can.
  • Keep your bulk waste at least five feet from any object like a pole or a fence.
  • Tree branches and large items need to be cut down to four foot sections.
  • Large quantities of loose grass, leaves and other small yard debris should be bagged or boxed.
  • Construction or demolition debris of less than 25 pounds or less than four feet in length will be accepted.

These items are not acceptable:

  • Branches and brush larger than four foot in length – cut them into smaller pieces.
  • Any Construction or demolition debris 25 pounds and over, longer than four feet, or any debris from a contractor. Call a private hauler for collection of this material.
  • Dirt, rocks, concrete, concrete blocks, bricks, and roofing materials. Call a private hauler for collection of this material.
  • Any metal or car parts in excess of 25 pounds or longer than four feet.

Source: www.surpriseaz.gov